Home » » Ortom wants compensation for victims of military attack

Ortom wants compensation for victims of military attack

Written By Idoma Television on Friday, November 27, 2015 | 12:53:00 AM

Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has called for compensation for victims of the recent alleged military attack on civilians in the North Bank area of Makurdi town.  Ortom said the compensation would help ameliorate the sufferings of the victims most of whom he said lost property and valuables in the incident.         
He made the appeal when he hosted the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, who visited the state in the course of his tour of military formations in the country.  
Ortom, who paid tribute to officers and men of the armed forces who had paid the supreme sacrifice for the country, commended the army for its role in securing lives and property in the state.  
Earlier, Buratai, who said he was on tour of military formations to ascertain facilities and conditions of men of the Nigerian Army, noted that he also took out time to visit areas of the town affected by the military-civilian face off. 
 He said the army was investigating the matter with a view to ensuring that all those found culpable were punished accordingly.  The army chief had earlier visited army formations in the state where he addressed and cautioned officers and men against insubordination and disloyalty to constituted authorities.
Share this article :


Copyright © 2016. IDOMA VOICE NEWSPAPER... Latest Idoma News, Otukpo News, Benue News and more - All Rights Reserved
Design by Jastaco Technologies Proudly powered by Google Blogger