His letter below.
Dear Patriots, LETTER OF NOTIFICATION TO CONTEST FOR THE EXECUTIVE CHAIRMANSHIP POSITION OF ADO L. G C.
2. Kindly accept my humble greetings to you and your family.
3. My name is James Ogaba Oche, I am a native of Osiroko/Ikpilogwu clan of Apa - Agila in Agila district of Ado Local Government Area . I am your son, brother and kinsman.
4. My parents and wife are all from Ado. I do not have any other home elsewhere to call my own. I carry an indelible Ado identity. 5. At this auspicious moment, I have come to the point where I have to notify you of my honest intention to run for the executive chairmanship position of our shared local government on the basis of providing a new vista for the development of our beloved and cherished communities. Kindly find attached a copy of my blue print tagged. "ADO RECLAMATION PROJECT ".
I have laid very ambitious steps to reclaiming our homestead from ruins to a dignified restoration post under my irrepressible "Ado is possible' spirit.
6. In doing so, I have chosen the Peoples' Democratic Party, (PDP). I have done so not necessarily out of the belief that the party is without blemish in its continuous political leadership, but because it is the political party that has accounted most for the empowerment and development of our people in the last couple of years, especially under the leadership of Most Distinguished Senator David Mark. Our people have also demonstrated that the PDP is the party of the Idoma people. This does not mean that there are no Idoma people in other parties.
a If it was constitutionally permitted to have an Ado party, I certainly would have ran on that platform. More importantly, if the same document allowed for an independent candidacy, I sure would have opted for that in other to reduce factionalization, division and ranking differentials amongst my people. But here we are.
I must have to belong to a political party in other to run for the election. My choice of the PDP is not due to my dislike for the good and great Ado people in the APC. It is because like them too, the unyielding Ado spirit of resilience, choice making and rationality has led me to this point. I have gone through this lengthy lane just to underscore our oneness and uniqueness inspite of our different political leanings.
7. I therefore, kindly implore you to accord me support on the basis of my personal strength and not necessarily due to my political party, family or economic background.
8. With God on our side , I am humbly sure that I have the capacity to undertake the huge responsibility to govern the most dynamic people in North -Central Nigeria. 9. Thank you, please come and walk with me on this great journey.
10. Please, accept the assurances of my highest honour.
Signed : James Oche
For Advert: Call 08171607004, 09058228464 Follow us on Twitter @idomavoice, @idomanews Send us releases at firstname.lastname@example.org