Amb. (Dr) Dickson A. O. Akoh, FCITr, FCPA was born in Dordan Barracks, Obalende, Lagos on the 10th of July, 1973 to the family of Mr Simon A. Ojonye, a retired Army Warrant Officer.
Amb. Akoh, in his unquenchable quest for knowledge, holds a B. Sc (Hons) Degree in Sociology from the University of Abuja and was thereafter conferred with a Doctor of Philosophy (Humanities) by the Commonwealth University, Belize, South America.
Dr Akoh, who is the Founder and Pioneer National Commandant of the Peace Corps of Nigeria, was not in control of his humble beginning but he set his goals right and took control of his future. Today, he has a reason to smile.
Akoh is Nigeria’s number 1 personal achievement strategist. His passion is for peace and social order and to see the youths adequately empowered with a view to achieving their individual and collective goals.
Akoh cut his teeth in Leadership and Citizenship Training quite early in life; he was a Troop Leader with the Boys Scout Movement and also served as a Zonal Leader for the International Red Cross Society in Benue State. Amb. Akoh also has a 4-year stint with the Nigerian Army Cadet Corps in Kaduna. He has attended several National and International Youth Seminars, Workshops and Camps where he acquired Certificates and experiences in policy making as it affects the youth.
Akoh is very vast in the fields of Security and Safety Measures, Peace Education and Conflict Resolution, Patriotism and Nation Building, Leadership and Citizenship Training. He is a member of the Conflict Resolution Stakeholders Network (CRESNET).
He is a recipient of over Fifty (50) Awards/Honours from different national and international institutions and bodies. Few among his numerous awards are:
- Institute of Chartered Trustees: Fellowship Award;
- Methodist Church, Nigeria: Merit Award;
- Ugboju Progressive Association: Integrity Award;
- Teachers Without Borders: MDG Ambassador;
- Youth Federation for World Peace: Youth Ambassador for Peace;
- West African Student Union: MDG Ambassador;
- African Youth Society: Merit Award;
- Centre for Democratic Governance in Africa: Fellow Award and Service Medal;
- National Leadership Award, Award of Exemplary Leadership;
- International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, London: International Presidential Award for Iconic Achievements;
- International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, London: Associate Member of the Centre;
- Chartered Institute of Global Communication and Diplomacy: Fellow;
- Catholic Church of Nigeria: Fellow of Holy Cross; and
- Institute for Security Intelligence Studies: Fellow.
- Ugboju Area Traditional Council in Idoma Kingdom of Benue State: Ogigo’mebe (Traditional Mirror) of Ugboju Land;
- Igala Traditional Council, Kogi State: Attah Ojah (Father of All) of Ankpa Kingdom;
- Okoho Nankwa Clan Council, Calabar South in Cross River State: Musuma Uwa Mususu-Efut; and
- Nkwere in Imo State: Nwanne di na Mba (There is Brotherhood in Diaspora).
Amb. (Dr) Dickson A. O. Akoh, whose hobbies are Lawn Tennis, Reading, Traveling, Listening to good music, making and socializing with friends, he resides in Abuja with his family.
For Advert: Call 08171607004, 09058228464 Follow us on Twitter @idomavoice, @idomanews Send us releases at firstname.lastname@example.org