By Ameh Ameh
Happy weekend: here are five hot stories that trended during the week in Benue State
1. Governor Samuel Ortom during the week nominated 23 persons as sole administrators of all the local government areas of the state.
Among the nominees were, George Alli (Otukpo), James Akola Simon (Obadibo), Ann Itodo (Okpokwu) and others.
2. A newly wed couple was on Friday robbed of theirbelonging along the ever-busy Otukpo-otukpa road.
The victim, an assistant Inspector of Nigeria Prisons Service attached to Otukpo Division, John Itodo and his wife returning from their traditional marriage when the gunmen, putting on military regalia accosted them and carted away with their belongings.
3. Two ladies, believed to be lesbians were stoned to death and set ablaze by angry mob in Owners’ Occupiers area of Benue State during the week. The two ladieswere reportedly caught romancing and kissing themselves when passerby caughtthem. They police claim they were still investigating the matter.
4. One Godwin Ejeh, an SS3 student of Jesus College, Otukpo was on Thursday electrocuted to death in an attempt to charge his phone directly from a Unclad wire in the school hostel.
It was gathered the school authority does not allow any student to use handset within the school premises but the deceased disobeyed and his life went for. He has since been buried in his country home, Ekere Owukpa.
5. Frontline activist and Coordinator of Idoma People of Nigeria Facebook Group, Josephine Akioyamen has taken a swipe at the executive governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom over his recent appointment in her country home, Okpokwu LGA.
Akioyamen said the governorwas only out to destroy Okpokwu LG by appointing a little known Anna Itodo as Sole Administrator of the LG. She said one of the greatest mistakes was to support the governor before the election that ushered him in last year.
For Advert: Call 08171607004, 09058228464 Follow us on Twitter @idomavoice, @idomanews Send us releases at email@example.com