ALSO READ: BSU tragedy: Throwback photos of late Apostle Victor Egbe preaching
The late founder of Campus Witness Church, Apostle Victor Egbe posted this message on his Facebook wall, precisely October 6 about spiritual advancement. In one on his sub-topics, the deceased spoke extensively on the death and resurrection of every believer on the last day.
He died Wednesday morning after praying for a sick patient in Benue Varsity clinic in Makurdi.
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. Hebrews 6:1-2.
Dearly beloved, the text above enumerates six (6) things which the Holy Spirit calls the first principles of the oracles of God. These things are for babes in the faith.
1. Repentance from dead works. Any child of God who is still at the level of repentance is a spiritual toddler, a baby who is still at the milk level of spirituality.
2. Faith toward God. Those of us still struggling to walk by faith have not even commenced the journey unto spiritual maturity. And, if all we have is faith toward God, the Holy Spirit is saying we are at baby level of spirituality. We are like an heir who is yet a child and so cannot access his/her inheritance. Galatians 4:1-2.
3. The doctrine of baptism. This also is for spiritual babes. Baptism signifies an open declaration of your stand for Christ. Any one of us who still hides our Christian identity has not begun. And those of us who have been fully baptised into Christ by reason of our expressive Christian life, if we remain at that level without seeking further advancement, we are still babies in spiritual matters.
4. Laying on of hands. This represents impartation. The craze for impartation among Christians and even preachers today is a manifestation of the shallowness of the spirituality of our generation. Anything that has to do with laying on of hands is a spiritual concept reserved for spiritual babes. Mature Christians who have become skilled in the word of life do not crave such things. We desperately need spiritual advancement in this generation.
5. Resurrection of the dead. This is another first principle of the doctrine of Christ. Are we still at this level, then we are still drinking milk. Mature men/women have advance unto the level of having an assurance of eternal life on the basis of Christ’s death and resurrection. Our eternity with God is already settled and no devil can change that. This is the level that we desperately need to advance to.
6. Eternal judgment. Teaching about the coming judgment is meant for spiritual babes. Any one of us that has to be threatened with eternal judgment before he/she lives a consistent Christian life is essentially a toddler, a milk drinker. Such a person is obviously not mature. Mature Christians serve Lord out of love not because of fear of eternal judgment.
This point is where we will begin our journey unto SPIRITUAL ADVANCEMENT. Like I said in church on Sunday, spiritual advancement is the foundation for all other advancements in life and purpose fulfilment. In subsequent bulletins, we shall look at the full extent of these first principles of the doctrine of Christ. Then you will realise that our generation desperately need spiritual advancement.
Enjoy Grace For Spiritual Advancement!
For Advert: Call 08171607004, 09058228464 Follow us on Twitter @idomavoice, @idomanews Send us releases at email@example.com