By Ameh Godwin
1. 740 ongoing construction, renovation and other projects in primary schools in the 23 local government areas of the state following the release of N7.6 billion
2. Resolution of disputes with unions a few days after taking over and the resumption of Benue State University (BSU) from a prolonged strike.
3. Constitution of Visitation Panels for state-owned tertiary institutions and commencement of implementation of the BSU panel’s report as well as reconstitution of the Benue State University Council.
4. Increase of carrying capacity of the university from 4, 655 to 6, 000.
5. Obtained full accreditation for seven courses
6. Commencement of payment of salaries of BSU Technical School Staff after five years of non-payment of salaries
7. Re-training of 10,000 primary and 6000 secondary school teachers.
1. Obtained Final accreditation for College of Health Sciences and Benue State University Teaching Hospital, BSUTH
2. Graduation of 152 medical doctors – first set comprised 40 doctors, the second 27, the third 44 with the fourth set 41 doctors.
3. Reconstruction of Schools of Nursing and Midwifery, Makurdi as well as College of Health Technology, Agasha
4. Re-accreditation of Schools of Nursing and Midwifery, Makurdi, admission of students and resumption of full academic activities
5. Establishment of Primary Health Care Board and constitution of its board.
6. The first state in the country to meet requirements for accessing the 2015 Round of MDGs/SDGs Conditional Grants in Nigeria
6. Payment of N1.2 billion counterpart funding to access a total of N2.4 billion for construction and equipment of Modern Primary Health Centers in 33 communities across the state through the MDGS-SDGS
7. The Governor was recognized and invited to address one of the side events at the 2016 United Nations General Assembly on SDGs in the state
10. Purchase of ambulances for health centres across the state
11. Provision of motorised boreholes and public toilets under SDGs and its partnership with DFID in parts of the state.
12. Construction of Skills Acquisition Centres in Apa-Agila, Ado; Makurdi and Gbajimba in Guma LGA
13. Construction of Orange Packaging Plant in Ushongo Town, Ushongo LGA
AGRICULTURE AND INDUSTRIALISATION
1. Release of N500million for construction and equipping of laboratory at the Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture, Yandev, and rehabilitation of Agric Training centres in Mbatie and Otobi.
2. Evolved a new policy for procurement of fertilizer at highly subsidised rate of 38% to Benue farmers.
3. Facilitation of N2 billion CBN Anchor Borrowers Scheme agricultural loans for disbursement to Benue farmers.
4. Introduction of land clearing and dry season farming.
5. Signed MOU with Bank of Industry to give N2 billion loans to farmers at 5% interest rate in addition to N1 billion available facility from CBN for the same purpose
6. Commencement of work after signing of agreement with Torra KFT for the completion of the Wannune Tomato Factory which is aimed at creating hundreds of jobs for the people.
7. The same approach is being applied to other comatose state-owned industries.
1. Immediate commencement of payment of full salaries at state and local Government levels after the workers had not received their wages for several months.
2. Implementation of 18,000 minimum wage for primary school teachers in the state
3. Payment of four months salary owed by the previous administration through the N28 billion bailout funds obtained from the Federal Government
ROADS AND OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE
Award of contract for the construction of six new roads in parts of the state as follows
1. Obagaji-Okokolo-Abian-Agagbe road 43km
2. Ikov-Utange-Mbagwaza-Mbagba-Lessel road with spur at Hiltom 55km
3. Otukpo Icho-Odudaje-Aondoana road 21km
4. Makurdi-Yogbo-Udei-Udei branch road 52.27km
5. Mobile Police Barracks – Yaikyo – Apir road 24km
6. Origbo – Imande – Akpur – Gbajimba road 40. 397km
The State Government had earlier mobilized contractors back to site for the completion of 10 abandoned road projects across the state. The affected roads are:
1. Zaki Biam – Afia – Gbeji road 46.52km
2. Taraku – Naka – Agagbe road 61km
3. Oju – Obussa – Utonkon road 52.00km
4. Otukpo – Utonkon – Igumale road 55.61km
5. Oshigbudu – Ogbaji road 10km
6. Igbor – Ikpa – Wannune road 36.732k
7. Vandeikya – Koti-Yough – Adikpo road 32.00km
8. Ge – Ikyobo – Agbeede – Amua – Anshagba road 37km
9. Tordonga – Zaki Biam with spur to Tsewuaze – Tiza – Shila road 45.14km
10. Daudu – Gbajimba road
– Released N300 million for the completion of Benue State House of Assembly complex
– Re roofing and rehabilitation of old Assembly complex
– Partnership with Cargopolis Consortium for the establishment of a cargo airport in the state
– Partnership with NNPC for the establishment of Ethanol project in the state.
– Ongoing work on 33 rural roads and electricity projects across the state.
SAVING COST OF GOVERNANCE
– Trimming of Government by reducing the number of Commissioners from 17 to 13 and advisers from 28 to 20. This is to cut the cost of governance.
1. Major intervention in the Judiciary
– ongoing renovation of Ministry of Justice Headquarters, Makurdi and renovation of Judges Quarters in Makurdi and Otukpo,
2. Appointment of President, Customary Court of Appeal, two Judges of the Customary Court of Appeal and One judge for the State high Court.
3. Reactivation of Payment of wardrobe allowances to government lawyers,
4. Inauguration of the Advisory Council on Prerogative of Mercy and granting of amnesty to over 100 convicts.
1. Introduction and prosecution of Amnesty Programme using carrot and stick approaches which led to the recovery and destruction of over 600 arms and light weapons, thousands of ammunition while over 900 youths embraced the amnesty and surrendered their weapons. The initiative has brought peace to various parts of the state.
2. Sustained effort for the promotion of peace between farmers and herdsmen as well as deepening inter-state peace building efforts with Taraba and Nasarawa States
3. Contacts with the Presidency, Chief of Army Staff and Inspector General of police with efforts to contain herder’s assaults in Agatu, Tarka, Makurdi, Logo, Buruku and Guma.
4. Rescue of people, especially children from kidnappers
5. Support for vigilante groups in the state to complement efforts of conventional security agencies
ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY
1. Setting up of Judicial Commission of Inquiry into funds which accrued to Benue state and how they were utilized between 2007 and 2015
2. Setting up the Administrative Commission of Inquiry into the sale and lease of government property within the same period.
3. The Judicial Commission of Inquiry submitted its report recently and indicted 52 individuals and 10 corporate bodies who are to refund over N107 billion to the coffers of the state and further investigate the misappropriation of N44 billion.
4. A white paper was issued on the Justice Kpojime Commission’s report and implementation is in progress.
5. Introduction of Treasury Single Account, TSA, at the local government level
6. Inclusion of labour unions like NLC, TUC and NUT for the first time, as part of the joint account committee.
7. Introduction of town hall meetings and constant radio programs
INTERNAL REVENUE GENERATION
1. Benue State Internal Revenue Service, BIRS, has been repositioned with the constitution of the new board and management
2. Proactive steps taken to boost the Internally Generated Revenue, IGR of the state by introducing the Point of Sale (POS) machines.
1. Collaboration with the National Information Technology Development Agency, NITDA for the establishment of Benue State Information Technology Development Agency, BITDA and formulation of an ICT for the state.
2. Procurement and installation of new transmitters at Radio Benue and at Idekpa sub-station which has resumed transmission while reconstruction of Katsina-Ala station is ongoing.
3. Partnership with the Federal Ministry of Communication Technology and the Rockefeller Foundation for training of 1,500 unemployed youths from the 23 local government areas of the state on how to access online jobs.
4. Provision of land to the Nigerian Communication Commission for the establishment of Digital Institute in Benue State.
1. Re-engagement with Development Partners, UN, UNHCR, UNFPA, World Bank, IFAD, USAID for the provision of Education, Health services etc.
2. Signing of MOU with Chinese, German and American investors on infrastructure.
3. Payment of over N5.5Billion counterpart fund to local and international development partners.
4. Released counterpart funds for 116 water and sanitation projects in Oju, Tarka, Konshisha and Ogbadigbo Local Government Areas under the Benue State Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency, BERWASSA
5. Ensured the restoration of water supply in Otukpo and Katsina-Ala with the payment of over N1 billion to the contractors
6. Provision of three motorised boreholes and construction of drainages at Government Girls College, Makurdi.
7. Provision of boreholes for the people of Jaki village in Kwande and parts of Vandeikya local government areas.
For Advert: Call 08171607004, 09058228464 Follow us on Twitter @idomavoice, @idomanews Send us releases at firstname.lastname@example.org